IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2016/17 SUG ELECTION (UNECO)
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOTING
- Only students who had paid their 2016/2017 official fees are qualified to vote and be voted for.
- Only students whose names appeared on voters register as supplied by the ICT Unit will participate in the election.
- The students who satisfy the provision (1) and (2) above should in addition come to the polling station with original receipts of namely;
(i) Online official fees receipt
(i) Original student fees receipt and together with any ID Card.
- Accreditation and Voting at the polling station (Faculty Hall) shall start at 9am prompt.
- Accreditation and voting, Accreditation ends by 1pm dot.
- Only accredited agents of the contestant for executive positions will be allowed to observe the election.
- A voter must leave the polling station immediately after casting his/her vote.
- Please note that executive members of faculty or department students association are not allowed to be in the voting hall and should not be seen engaging in any campaign or rendering any assistance during the exercise.
- ALL ELECTIONS (EXECUTIVE, SENATE & HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES) WILL TAKE PLACE SIMULTANEOUSLY THE SAME DAY.
- No loitering outside the polling station.
Chairman UNECO Election 2017.
2016/17 UNN ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION 1
This is to inform all students of UNN (Prospective and returning) to take note of the following important information with regards to student accommodation for the 2016/17 session:
1. The University has limited spaces for student accommodation.
2. The accommodation is allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
3. First Year and final year students are given high priority during allocation.
4. First years are allocated 40% of the total accommodation, final years 25% while other years are allocated 35%.
5. All Nursing Mothers must apply for accommodation online and must notify the authorities early. You are permitted to stay alone in a room or be two persons in a room.
6. The following are highly prohibited and will attract eviction from the hostel:
• Squatting of any kind.
• Late return to the hostel at night.
• Drinking of Alcohol.
• Fighting and quarrelling.
• Use of hotplates, electric boiling ring, refrigerator, gas cooker and so on.
• Use of generator sets.
• Defecating and bathing at undesignated places.
• Pouring of water in undesignated places.
• Defacing of Hostel walls by posting of bills, posters and any document.
7. Only students who have successfully met the following will be qualified for hostel accommodation:
• Paid all school fees till date.
• Registered all courses online till date.
• Possess the University ID card or have been successfully captured.
• Possess and use the University student email address.
8. All hostel accommodation invoices are valid for only three days after generation. Any student who fails to pay within the three day period will be doing so at his/her own risk.
9. All Rev Sisters and intending corps members must follow the authorised process for accommodation henceforth.
10. Physically challenged students must also generate invoice and proceed to make payments promptly.
All students should be informed and prepare themselves adequately for the new session.
Student Affairs Unit